Emetophobia (it CAN be cured!)
This is fast becoming one of the most common phobia’s Philip is consulted to help with. It is usually a fear of being sick, but also includes seeing someone else being sick.
Philip utilised the Mind Retraining Programme to help people overcome this phobia and in as little as 6 to 10 hours or retraining can put this phobia behind them.
Being sick, or seeing someone being sick of course isn’t very nice, but when it turns into a massive fear can be really debilitating for those experiencing it.
People with this condition find themselves worrying constantly about their problem in very many ways such as:
- Cancelling a needed hospital appointment in case they catch a virus from visiting the hospital
- Enjoying a nice meal out, in case they have food poisoning and are ill as a result
- Enjoying an evening out in a pub or club, in case they come across someone being sick
- Avoiding pregnancy, so they won’t have to deal with sick from their baby
- Avoiding watching something on TV or reading something that might remind them of their fear
- Worrying they may go somewhere where they may smell vomit or something that reminds them of vomit
- Panic at hearing the first reports of the Norovirus
Did You Know….
- Most people with the condition believe it to be incurable, mainly because of comments read on support forums, this isn’t true
- It would seem this is a phobia that affects mainly women, it is estimated 98% of sufferers are female
- The average age of someone developing this phobia is 9.2 years of age
- Suffers will also tend to suffer with other psychological problems such as social anxiety, obsessional compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder and health anxiety
- Suffers have been found to have higher than normal levels of ‘disgust propensity’ and ‘disgust sensitivity’
- Sufferers will probably have a very high level for a need for control
Fee for the course click here and scroll down
Call o1534 506959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org